Tuesday, August 3, 2010

BRSHF common site of reunions

Not only is BRSHF gearing up for our 50th Anniversary reunion & celebration on September 12. Dr. Natalee Menge, staff audiologist, observed this chance meeting of two hearing impaired clients as a result of her clinic schedule!

"I saw 2 hearing impaired teenagers back-to-back last week, both have been long-time patients at the clinic. I didn't think anything of it, but I knew in the back of my mind that they had attended the same elementary school. When the second child and mother arrived for their appointment, they recognized the mom in the waiting room. They were so excited to see each other again, it had been a few years since they had seen one another. The moms were able to visit and catch up, I was unaware of this since I was in the sound suite with the other child working on their hearing aids. I had a knock on my door and when I opened it, they were all standing there, both moms and 2 children, waiting to see the child I had been working with. She was surprised to say the least. It was great to see two children re-connect after being apart for a few years, especially when  no one anticipated it. Reunions like this occur frequently at BRSHF, whether it be between childhood friends, parents, or grandparents, and each time it happens it makes my day a little brighter."

No comments:

Post a Comment