Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Ms. Bonita inspired by kids' resilience

Ms. Bonita, our front office manager, told me this story from an encounter this morning:

"One of the students here broke his arm over the weekend. He came in this morning & greeted me 'Hi, Ms. Bonita!' like always, and when I saw his cast, I said, 'Oh no! What happened??' He wasn't bothered at all, he just said 'I broke it, jumping on the trampoline on Sunday. Had to go to the hospital & get a cast.' I just couldn't believe that, he was so calm! If I were in that position I'd probably be moping, but he just told me, matter-of-factly, what happened and ran off down the hallway to go to group! I love observing the kids when they come and go everyday. I get to see how they progress through their therapy, and so many of them greet me by name or run up and give me a hug. It really is a great perk of this job!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment